The ACADEMIC EXCHANGE program with F-1 visa is perfect for those students with more adaptability, flexibility and adventure who are looking for a more affordable program with all the academic advantages of the High School Select F-1 program.
If you are flexible and let our U.S. partner agency choose your destination, you can study in the United States at a public or private school or college for a very competitive price.
Remember that thanks to the ACADEMIC EXCHANGE program and the F-1 visa, if you enter grade 12 you can aspire to obtain a high school diploma from the United States and be admitted to American universities.
- Choose between public or private school
- You will be able to choose 1 option from a list of advanced courses (Advance Placement) such as Calculus, Physics, Biology, Chemistry; French, Spanish, German, Art, Theater or Music, or sports, or climate zone (warm climate or 4 seasons), our partner agency will do its best to place the student in a school according to one of the options indicated, doing its best to respect the first choice in order of preference.
- Possibility of obtaining the American Diploma (if you opt for the academic year and subject to certain basic requirements such as educational background and the progress of the school year school year in America)
- Family Guarantee. Accepted students will ALWAYS be assured of a host family assignment.
- ''Happy in the Family'' Guarantee: The student's well-being as well as being comfortable in the family is a priority. If the student does not feel comfortable with the family, the partner will quickly find a solution.
- Quality of Education. Students can decide on a more challenging curriculum, can earn college credit and graduate if they enter grade 12 and opt for the full academic year.
- Increased flexibility: we accept students ages 14-18 who have allergies or special medical situations.
The price includes
Counseling for school/district choice;
Assistance in completing documentation;
Preparation meeting prior to student's departure;
Esperienze Inglesi Backpack by Tagortur;
Visa Application Assistance;
Accommodation in host family with breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday and full board on weekends;
Airport pick-up and transfer to host family;
Student Custodianship (Legal Guardianship);
Your custodian is a member of our partner staff;
24-hour nationwide emergency number;
Monthly checks and visits to students by a representative of our partner;
A local coordinator will monitor the student's academic progress and ensure their integration socially, academically and with their host family;
Bonus for enrolment in the test valid for Cambridge language certification at the center closest to your city - to be taken within 12 months of returning to Italy;
The price does not include
Round trip flight (to be paid separately at the moment of purchase);
Possible cancellation insurance (ask for information at the agency);
Consular tax and any fees for entering and leaving the country when an entry visa is required;
Any costs for the administration of vaccines not required in Italy, but required in the U.S.. Subsequent booster shots may also be given abroad at the student's expense;
Schools may charge fees related to sports activities that can range between $50 - $500 / season;
Books may cost up to $200/semester. Used books are sometimes available;
School bus or public transportation up to $90/month;
Cost of lunch in the school cafeteria can range from $3-$4/day;
English as a Second Language classes may be an additional cost should the school offer them and should they become necessary;
Supplement in case of diets, special dietary needs or allergies;
School uniform (when required);
Depending on the school there may be other expenses that cannot be qualified now. Ask at the time of school selection and definition.
20% of the fee must be paid as a deposit upon purchase of the trip.
40% must be paid to Esperienze Inglesi once the foreign high school has confirmed the acceptance of the student, details will be provided by Esperienze Inglesi.
The remaining 40% must be paid in full by May 30 for departures in August/September. By November 30 for departures in January, details will be provided by Esperienze Inglesi.
If the registration is made within a period of less than 90 days of the date of departure must be paid at the time of registration 100% of the price, details will be provided by Esperienze Inglesi.
Esperienze Inglesi by Tagortur is a young, dynamic and well-established agency in the Ferrara-Rovigo area whose main focus is on language study abroad. The international schools we work with are all accredited and selected through regular visits abroad.
Our offer has expanded in recent years to include, academic year and/or semester abroad, internships, work experience abroad and English Summer Camps in Italy.
Our strengths are:
- The care for each individual student, their needs and expectations
- Punctuality and professionalism
- Diversified group and individual programs in terms of destinations and contents
- The care in the choice of accompanying persons among language teachers and graduates in languages
- Constant growth thanks to word-of-mouth referrals
Esperienze Inglesi by Tagortur has been a member of IALCA, the prestigious ST Star Agency Association Award winner since 2018. In 2020 we were accredited as an IALCA Approved Agency and appointed as a Quality English Agent.